Development of surrogates for Diesel Fuel using regression methodology with following target Properties:
- Derived Cetane Number
- Carbon Type Mole Fraction
- Distillation Curve
Extensive validation of surrogate fuels with single cylinder Engine Experiments:
- Comparison of Heat Release rate across RPM and Load Range.
- NOx, HC,CO &Soot Vs Torque
- Ignition delay with pressure traces and IQT
- BSFC and ISFC
- Full Load and Partial load performance in steps of 200 RPM and 10% load.
- Effect of boost pressure and EGR on torque and emissions during full load and partial load tests
Experimental investigation of laminar & turbulent burning characteristics of Diesel and its surrogates at high pressures and temperatures
- Analysis of spherical flame in terms of
- Markstein lengths
- Flammability limits
- Stretch rates for the onset of flame Instabilities